Your newsletter on applied creativity, imagination, ideas and innovation in business.
Wednesday 16 October 2013
Hello and welcome to another issue of Report 103, your twice-monthly (or thereabouts) newsletter on creativity, imagination, ideas and innovation in business.
As always, if you have news about creativity, imagination, ideas, or innovation please feel free to forward it to me for potential inclusion in Report103. Your comments and feedback are also always welcome.
Information on unsubscribing, archives, reprinting articles, etc can be found at the end of this newsletter.
In this issue of Report 103
- Cosmic Creativity & Anticonventional Thinking Project
- Cosmic Creativity & Anticonventional Thinking Part 1
Over the past few weeks, I have been developing Cosmic Creativity, a new model for creativity. I tested parts of the method at the Brussels Imagination Club last week and was pleased with the results. Indeed, I will incorporate cosmic creativity into upcoming professional workshops. (including yours, perhaps?)
I am also integrating cosmic creativity into anticonventional thinking to create a comprehensive approach to individual and collaborative creativity. The result will be a fun and effective approach to creativity that does not involve sticking lots of PostIt notes to walls.
I have also decided to compile the theory and practice into a fun book, "Cosmic Creativity & Anticonventional Thinking". Better still, I have decided to write the book here in Report 103 -- a chapter or three at a time. Once finished, I will compile it all, revise it, ship it off to my editor for fixing up and publish it as a book. As a reader of Report 103, you get a couple of advantages from this project:
- You will learn about a new way to visualise creative thinking.
- You'll be able to read the first draft of the book here -- so you won't need to buy it if you don't want to.
- You'll be able to give me feedback and share your thoughts about the method. So you can play a role in the development of the book and the technique. Needless-to-say, if I include your contribution, you will receive credit for it.
- You will gain my massive appreciation for your help!
The first chapters comprise the next article. Enjoy and, please give me your feedback! You can reply to this email or follow the link at the end of the article.
This should make it easier for you to read the developing book and enables me to update the text and images in one central location.
Your Cosmic Creativity & Anticonventional Thinking Workshop/Talk
Interested in having a workshop or talk on Cosmic Creativity & Anticonventional Thinking (CC&ACT) for you and your team? It's a great way to understand better and visualise the creartive process. The interactive workshop demonstrates:
- How the mind develops and visualises creative ideas.
- Differentiating between situations which require creative ideas and situations that require conventional ideas so that you can focus on areas where creativity adds value.
- How your mind typically restricts creative thinking, but how you can learn to encourage creative thinking.
- How to build complex creative actions -- and not just a list of fuzzy ideas.
- How to dramatically increase the likelihood that your ideas are actually implemented.
None of my workshops are ever a boring series of PowerPoint slides. Rather they switch between short, entertaining explanations and exercises -- both individual and group -- for participants. As a result, participants actually try out techniques and build viable ideas while learning!
To discuss your needs, reply to this newsletter or fill in the contact form to get in touch.
The Silly Alternative
Is Report 103 too serious for you? If so, take a look at The Baumgartner Report, an irreverent and humour newsletter that combines the worst features of a blog, a newsletter and a twisted sense of humour!
The last issue of Report 103 was inadvertantly sent out before it had been proofread and before the contents at the beginning had been completed. I apologise for the errors.
Interact with Me!
I am on the social networks and would love to connect with you there.
Join me on my professional page on Facebook.
You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.
And you can follow me on Twitter. I’m @creativejeffrey
You can find this and every issue of Report 103 ever written at our archives.
Report 103 is a complimentary eJournal from Bwiti bvba of Belgium (a jpb.com company: http://www.creativejeffrey.com). Archives and subscription information can be found at http://www.creativejeffrey.com/report103/
Report 103 is edited by Jeffrey Baumgartner and is published on a monthly basis.
You may forward this copy of Report 103 to anyone, provided you forward it in its entirety and do not edit it in any way. If you wish to reprint only a part of Report 103, please contact Jeffrey Baumgartner.
Contributions and press releases are welcome. Please contact Jeffrey in the first instance.