Workshop: Build Innovative Ideas with Toys
Non-verbal idea building is a super-effective alternative to brainstorming and other word-based idea generating activities. Instead of generating lists of ideas, non-verbal idea building teams actually build ideas out of building blocks, Lego building bricks, craft materials or other appropriate materials. At the end of a session, each team has created and can present a rough prototype or concept to the group.
There are three massive advantages to non-verbal idea building over other ideation methods:
- Everyone can work together simultaneously. You do not need to wait for someone to finish speaking before sharing your thoughts. You do not have to worry about being interrupted by the team bore. Introverts find it just as easy as extroverts to participate.
- The team has critical discussions as they build their idea. This is actually a good thing because it allows the team to refine the concept and build something that is both creative and relevant to corporate needs (think about how many completely irrelevant ideas a typical brainstorm captures).
- At the end of the session, each team has a prototype or developed innovative solution to present.
- No need to sift through (or throw away) hundreds of PostIt notes.
On top of that, non-verbal idea building is intellectually stimulating, fun and great for team building. Better still, playing with toys is a proven method of stress reduction. In short, non-verbal idea building is probably the best creative collaboration method ever invented since the dawn of the human race.
Every non-verbal idea building session should be based around addressing an actual business goal. As a result, you and your team can expect to leave the session with
- One developed, prototype or creative concept per team (workshop groups are typically divided into smaller teams).
- An understanding of how to break down business problems and goals in order to determine the underlying issues that need to be addressed in order to solve those problems and achieve those goals.
- An understanding of how to use non-verbal idea building to develop ideas at the team level and at the individual level.
- Strengthened bonds within the team.
- Smiles. Lots of smiles.
You get to keep the toys we use!
If time is tight, no worries. We can fit in a 90 minute workshop that covers the basics of non-verbal idea building and allows teams to build some basic ideas.
Half or Full Day
A half or full day workshop allows more time to go into detail about deconstructing goals or problems and provides plenty of time for building and developing ideas.
One and a half to Two days
In this option, the first day is devoted to non-verbal idea building and the second day focuses on documenting ideas, presenting ideas and implementation planning of ideas. If you find that great ideas seldom get implemented in your business, this workshop is for you.
Combine this workshop with others, such as "How to Design and Deliver Awesome Presentations" and get more value for your budget. You can also hire me to deliver multiple workshops to several teams.
Want to know more? Want to book me now? Want to talk creativity? Great! Please get in touch with me and let's talk about your innovation needs.
Meanwhile, you can watch my short video on non-verbal idea building below: